Helping You Navigate Your Divorce
Divorce can be difficult and emotional, but it does not have to overwhelm your life or become a battle. With a caring legal guide, you can approach your divorce with an eye toward a brighter future. I am divorce lawyer Angela Flouras Rieck, and I have spent over a decade helping families throughout Lancaster County navigate divorce. I believe in helping my clients find better approaches to difficult situations through affordable, efficient legal counsel.
Legal Considerations When Filing For Divorce
The legal process can be complex and confusing, but I am here to answer all your questions and guide you through each step. Once you decide to move forward with your divorce, you must address certain important aspects of your separation. It may involve any of the following topics:
- Property division: Pennsylvania is an equitable distribution state, which means that a judge will divide the marital property based on equitable principles, and not necessarily an even split of the assets.
- Same-sex divorce: Although the divorce process is similar regardless of spouse gender, the LGBTQ+ community may face a few unique issues and challenges that I can help you with.
- Domestic violence: If you either fear for your safety or your spouse has made accusations of domestic violence against you, I can help you determine your best path forward.
- Child support: The courts will require both parents to provide financially for their children, following Pennsylvania’s child support guidelines.
- Child custody: If you and your spouse share children, this is likely the most important aspect of your divorce. I will help you protect your relationship with your children and advise you of your rights and obligations.
No matter what issues come up during your divorce, I will be there to explain your options and help you find a solution that works for you and your family.
Crafting Your Own Future
Most people do not look forward to the idea of fighting in court, especially when it comes to something as personal as their family life. If you are one of them, the good news is that many people are able to negotiate their own agreements regarding their divorce. I often encourage my clients to try negotiation before resorting to litigation for several reasons, including:
- It saves time: The court process can take a very long time compared to negotiating on your own schedule.
- It saves money: You save both court fees and attorney fees when you settle out of court.
- It preserves relationships: If you will continue to co-parent with your former spouse, maintaining a healthy relationship is important for the sake of your children.
- You stay in control: Most people are happier with an outcome that they had a hand in creating than one dictated by a judge.
Occasionally, however, negotiations fail and couples must go before a judge. In such cases, I am well-prepared to represent you. Divorce is difficult, but you and your family can make it through it and can even look forward to a better future.
Discuss Your Case With Me
When you are ready to discuss your case with a dedicated and compassionate divorce lawyer, please contact me at The Law Office of Angela Flouras Rieck to schedule an appointment. You can call 717-985-8938 or fill out my online contact form.