Attorney Rieck knows how difficult the dissolution of a marriage can be and can help you through the process, regardless of how complex it is.  No matter how "simple" you may think your divorce is, it is very important that the proper procedures be followed to ensure that your rights are protected.  An experienced attorney can also advise you regarding alimony (or spousal support) and a reasonable division of marital assets.  While our goal is to negotiate settlements rather than bring your matter before a judge, sometimes litigation is necessary.  Please be assured that Attorney Rieck is experienced in divorce litigation matters and will guide you throughout the entire process. 


Custody matters are often the most contentious and difficult legal matters faced by individuals.  In Pennsylvania, there are two types of custody - legal custody and physical custody.  Attorney Rieck can help guide you through this emotional and complex process and is experienced in the statutory factors that a judge considers in making the determination about both legal and physical custody.  Whether you are a mother, father, grandparent or other care provider, Attorney Rieck can help you in your request for any form of custody. 

Child Support

In Pennsylvania, child support is calculated by a formula that has been set forth by the legislature.  However, there are a number of factors that can affect the amount of support that is paid.  Some of these factors include childcare costs, insurance costs, mortgage payments and earning capacity.  Attorney Rieck will identify these factors and help you understand what the likely support amount will be, given your situation.


Adoption of a child can be an extraordinary experience.  Whether the adoption is a step-parent adoption, a grandparent adoption or one from a private agency, it is important to meet all of the requirements necessary to complete the adoption process properly.  Attorney Rieck can help you ensure that all of the procedures are followed as required by Pennsylvania law.

Protection from Abuse (PFA)

Attorney Rieck can help, whether you are the one requesting the protection order or defending against it.   Protection from Abuse Orders are serious and it is important to have an experienced attorney to ensure that you and your rights are protected.  The entry of a PFA order can have extraordinary impact on a divorce or custody action.  Violating a PFA can result in considerable fines or up to six months in prison. 

Post-Nuptial/Marital Settlement Agreements

Throughout separation and/or divorce, it is often imperative that you and your spouse put any agreement for distribution of assets, alimony or any other issue in writing in a formal Post-Nuptial agreement.  Attorney Rieck is experienced in drafting these settlement agreements and will negotiate to get you the appropriate result, given your specific situation and applying the law of equitable distribution and alimony.

Name Change

Name change petitions and hearings are complex filings with a number of deadlines and requirements.  You are best served by having an attorney navigate this area of the law to ensure that your name change is completed properly and in a timely manner.    At times, a request to change the name of a child is contentious and met with objection from others, typically a parent.   Attorney Rieck has vast experience in name change proceedings, whether for adults or children.

Landlord and Tenant

Often times, issues arise between landlords and tenants.  Attorney Rieck has represented both landlords (including manufactured home communities) and tenants in a variety of these matters, including eviction.  If you are having an issue with your landlord or tenant and cannot resolve it between you, an experienced attorney can advise you of your rights under the law.  Attorney Rieck can also help you draft a lease or review a lease to ensure it complies with all Pennsylvania Laws, including the Landlord and Tenant Act and the Manufactured Home Community Rights Act.

Civil Litigation/Collection Matters

Matters that have an amount in controversy of less than $12,000 are in the jurisdiction of the Magisterial District Court (commonly referred to as "small claims court.")  These types of lawsuits can vary, and include collection matters, landlord and tenant matters and disputes between family members.  If you want to sue or have been sued in the Magisterial District Court, Attorney Rieck can help.  Attorney Rieck has experience in many of the local MDJ jurisdictions and has represented both Plaintiffs and Defendants in these matters.  Additionally, if you had a case before an MDJ and were not successful, you do have the right to appeal the decision.  However, the appeal procedure can be complex and has important filing deadlines.  An experienced attorney will ensure that the rules and deadlines are followed.  Attorney Rieck has vast experience in handling these appeals to the Court of Common Pleas.